Anti Candida Diet Dessert Recipes
These candida diet coconut cupcakes are gluten-free, dairy-free, lactose-free and sugar-free and guess what, they are delicious! This Candida diet recipe would be perfect for a birthday treat for a child or an adult, just add candles. :o)
Still looking for a way to stay on the Candida diet without going crazy? I know it all too well! I was a sugar-addict and remember the first few days of the diet were torture for me. I made it through though but I had to figure out how I could maintain the healthy diet while also having a few healthy treats here and there. I found quite a few anti-candida diet dessert recipes and started experimenting with the ingredients I knew were safe for me on the diet. I substitute the sweeteners in recipes with Stevia and Erythritol. Some recipes work and some don’t so beware if you try a recipe that calls for honey or a liquid sweetener as it can flop.
These coconut cupcakes are the perfect little treat to quiet the call for a little bit of sweet. Let me know if you try them and how you liked them!
- 2 TBS coconut oil
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour, packed
- 2 tsp. vanilla flavor or coconut flavor (alcohol-free from Frontier Brand)
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut, ground into a meal
- 1 TBS sifted coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup xylitol or erythritol
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325° F
- Grind the shredded coconut into a fine, powdery meal with a food processor or a Magic Bullet blender.
- Pack the almond flour into measuring cup with your hands (like you would w/brown sugar) and sweep it level.
- Mix the finely ground coconut, almond flour, coconut flour, xylitol or erythritol, sea salt and baking power in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl melt the coconut oil (if needed), and beat in eggs, vanilla flavor, and coconut milk.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, and beat together for a couple of minutes.
- Line a mini muffin pan with mini muffin papers and spray w/extra virgin olive oil spray OR grease mini muffin wells very well w/coconut oil.
- Pour batter almost to the top of the mini muffin cups. Rap muffin tin gently on the counter to pop air bubbles.
- Bake for about 23 minutes until springy and firm to the touch. You might have to bake these longer or shorter depending on your oven and where you live. (high altitudes usually require longer cooking times)
- Remove cakes from muffin tins as soon as they are cool to the touch, and cool on a wire rack.
- Dip cakes into glaze and sprinkle with unsweetened coconut.
- Serve at room temperature and Enjoy!
- I did not make the glaze as they were sweet enough for me without it.
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk, chilled
- 4 tsp coconut flour
- Xylitol or Erythritol, to taste
- Tiny pinch of sea salt
- Whisk together coconut milk, and sift in coconut flour.
- Whisk in coconut flour until there are no lumps, then add a pinch of sea salt, and sweeteners.
- Taste and adjust sweetness level if necessary.
- Dip cakes into glaze and sprinkle with unsweetened coconut
Adapted recipe from Healthy Indulgences Blog – Thanks Lauren!