When you go on the Candida diet and start making your health a top priority you might realize that your favorite snacks are no longer suitable for your new lifestyle. Fear not! There are SO many delicious sugar-free snack ideas that are tasty, nutrient dense and totally guilt free.
I remember feeling so discouraged after learning about all the foods I had to avoid when starting the Candida diet. All the crazy emotions from sadness to anger arose when I knew I had to get off of sugar plus I felt so overwhelmed when it came to figuring out what I was going to eat.
This was back when the internet was very new and Candida information was hard to come by. Fast forward 20+ years and now there’s an overload of information on the interwebs and it can make your head spin! My goal is to help make things easier and less stressful for you.
Here are a few of my favorite snacks that will work perfectly for you if you’re on the Candida diet, going sugar-free, or if you’re just wanting to eat healthier:
Easy and delicious sugar-free,
dairy-free, gluten-free Candida diet snacks:
- Veggie sticks with dairy-free cream cheese spread
- Roasted almonds or other nuts (avoid peanuts, pistachios, cashews on the Candida diet)
- Apples and almond butter
- Unsweetened Coconut milk and berries
- Pumpkin puree with cinnamon and stevia
- Sprouted pumpkin seeds
- Sprouted Sunflower seeds
- Sprouted Watermelon Seeds
- Kale chips
- Cauliflower florets with nutritional yeast (check out this excellent article about nutritional yeast and Candida overgrowth)
- Frozen blueberries or raspberries
- Sugar-free chia pudding
- Turkey jerky
- Grass-fed beef jerky strips
- Salt and vinegar zucchini chips (use apple cider vinegar for the Candida diet)
- Green smoothie with a scoop of protein powder (I like this one or this one may be a good option for you)
- A spoonful of coconut oil
- Egg muffins
- Hard boiled egg or Deviled egg
There can be so much confusion and frustration related to what to eat on the Candida diet. My hope is that these ideas will help give you some relief, hope and maybe even some excitement to try new foods!
Instead of looking at the diet as what you can’t eat, let’s shift this thought into the amazing amount of yummy things you can eat. These foods are going to boost your nutrition while being satisfying and delicious.
Everyone has different tastes and preferences when it comes to food so you’ll need to make choices that agree with you.
Deprivation, stress and overwhelm should not be a part of your plan when it comes to getting healthier be it the Candida diet or any other change you’re making with your food plan
These snacks will work for you if you are wanting to avoid the health-damaging effects of refined sugar, want to shed some excess “lb’s”, want to lower inflammation, and just want to feel better overall.
The Candida diet also forces you to get creative in the kitchen like never before.
Experiment with new ideas and you’ll be shocked by what you discover. Some of my all-time favorite recipes came from the creative discoveries I made when I finally chose to change my life and put my health first for once by ditching sugar for good.
Here are some more snack ideas:
Sugar-free Coconut Cupcakes
Keto Macaroon Fat Bombs
Please share on Pinterest!