Paige’s Protein Smoothie Recipe
Candida Diet Recipe Breakfast Option
When starting out on the Candida diet I had to come up with some easy but super nutrient breakfast options or I would have seriously faltered on the diet. I scoured the internet for ideas on what I could eat for breakfast and found a couple of ideas but I eventually came up with my own favorite Candida diet recipe for breakfast.
I was going to a Medical Intuitive at the time and she suggested a protein shake to help keep my blood sugar stable and my adrenals happy. I made a variety of different combinations that I really liked so this was a home run for me. It also keeps me feeling satisfied until lunch. It’s important to get the correct ratios of protein, carbs, and fats so that you can last until lunch. Too many carbs compared to protein and you’re going to be reaching for something to eat within an hour or two not to mention feeding the Candida. Up the protein decrease the carbs (fruit) and you’ll have a great option for your breakfast.
One other note to mention is that usually in the first stages of the Candida diet fruit is avoided so if you are just starting out you may want to leave out the berries and then add them when you’re further along in the cleanse. This recipe is easy, fast, delicious and nutritious. Enjoy!
Reader Feedback: Are you a smoothie fan? If so what is your favorite combo?
- Crushed ice
- Water or Unsweetened Almond Milk or Coconut Milk
- 1 Scoop 100% Egg Protein Powder (Healthy-n-Fit Brand) or Hemp Protein Powder to equal at least 20 gms protein or Whey Cool protein powder
- Spinach or Kale (Stay with me here...you can't even taste it and you'll get your greens in!)
- Add Healthy Fats:(choose 1 or 2 in small amounts)
- Coconut Oil
- Hemp Seeds (33% protein, 9% omega-3)
- Chia Seeds (great source of omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, protein and dietary fiber)
- Flax Seeds or Flax Oil
- Berries of your choice (Phase 2)
- Raw Cocao or Cocoa Powder
- Carob Powder
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Turmeric (anti-inflammatory)
- Alcohol-free Vanilla Flavor (Frontier Brand)
- You may also add in other herbs such as liquid Elderberry, Slippery Elm Powder or Ultimate GreenZone.
- Blend in a Bullet Blender or Vita-mix.
© 2015 naturalhealthanswers.com